A Fabulous Little Community : Posted 4-20-2010

We recently moved to a wonderful little community outside of Columbus, OH but that's not the community I'm talking about. If you haven't heard of Minted, I suggest you check it out the next time your doing a little surfing. Not only is it a store full of fabulous and original stationery, but it's also a community of creative people who compete, critique, share design advice, and most of all support each other's ambitions in the stationery world. The idea behind the company is absolutely brilliant and the owner, Mariam, blogged about the company's beginnings today.

I'm a total newbie to minted but my first entry "fireflies" ended up winning some awards. I was totally shocked by the incredible response it got. My other entries weren't so hot. But that's ok. There's somewhat of a learning curve to this process so I'm just excited to be a part of the community. Now I just have to figure how and when I'm going to be able to keep entering the competitions! There's a new contest about once a month and they are totally addicting! 

Here's a fun review of my wedding submissions from start to finish. I've had several comments from people saying they wish they could have seen the fireflies design in the beginning. So here it is before and after a couple iterations in between. I'm actually a little nervous to show this - but who needs pride anyway! :)


Fireflies - Before and After

Pink Lemonade - Before and After

Love is Key - Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment